My roommate from college, Kelsey, is expecting her first baby soon and I wanted to make her a diaper cake for her shower this past Saturday. I have made two other cakes in the past but I found this design idea on www.alphamom.com and decided to try it. There is a champagne bottle in the middle to hold all the tiers together and then they are sitting on a 12" cookie sheet. I went with the cookie sheet because my colors were pink and silver. Each diaper is individually rolled with a rubber band around it. It only took one box of size one diapers and all 92 of them fit perfectly! I arranged the first tier around the champagne bottle (which was also silver and pink with pink champagne inside!) and then tied some string around the outside to keep them together. I repeated the same thing for the other two tiers and then the fun part began...decorating it! With some pink and silver ribbons, letters and cute accessories, here is the finished product:
3 comments:
It was so amazing. I loved it. I have the most talented friends. My shower was so much fun and I am glad you were there. Bruce and Peanut enjoyed the M&M's! Thank you
This is amazing! I've made some diaper cakes before, but not this style. I love it! The silver shoes on the top are just to die for cute! Great job Amber. What an accomplishment for a mother of four.
Wow! That's amazing! You did a great job, and I agree with Christina-how do you have the time!? BTW it was great to see you guys at church. Your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment