Over the summer I stumbled upon a blog about a bag. Those of you who don't already know, I'm a sucker for bags, purses and wallets...you might even say its an addiction. I don't think I'm to that level yet, but my husband may disagree=) This wasn't just an ordinary bag though...it was a Friendship Bag! Cindy over at http://www.rickrackandgingham.blogspot.com/ had a wonderful idea to send this bag to some very special ladies around the US, who filled it with yummy recipes, goodies, postcards from their home state, and thoughtful messages of God's love. Once each "journey" was finished, everything was packed in a box and sent to the next lady on the list then eventually back to Cindy where she would gift all the wonderful things collected along the way to a special friend who lost her husband. What a sweet idea! Sadie Mae is the name of the bag and her traveling companions ('cuz who wants to travel alone?!) are Rufus and Toto.
Jessica, Rufus, Sadie Mae, Ainsley and Toto (with the beautiful Sandia Mountains at sunset in the background)
my mom's house
the Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanic Gardens
the grocery story (I know, how exciting...you can hardly contain yourself, right?! 'Tis a glamorous life I lead with 4 small kids!)
and the park
My mom's backyard (my brother built this pond!) She LOVES kokopellis so Sadie Mae, Rufus and Toto posed for a picture.
the fish in the pond
the fish in the pond
My brother's artichokes!! Can't wait to have some=)
The Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanic Gardens, home to so many wonderful attractions:
the Heritage Farm
Butterfly Pavilion (during the summer...what a sight to see!)
Rose Garden
Miniature Train
Aquarium
Kids Castle (makes me think of the movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids because everything is meant to make you feel as if you were tiny)
Shark Reef Cafe
Japanese Garden
and some much more!
The back of Heritage Farm
Sadie Mae inside the old farmhouse
resting in the rocker (she was, afterall, holding all of the things necessary for an outing with 4 kids! I was in the other rocker!!)
part of the Japanese Gardens
This ant in the castle tried to take Sadie Mae but thankfully my son rescued her! Can you blame the ant??? The bag is fabulous...so large with so many pockets...perfect for all your needs!!! And so full of blessings!
Snack time!
Inside the aquarium...visiting the lobsters.
The eel tank...I know this isn't an eel but I am always amazed at this huge fish.Heading to the grocery store. Rufus wants to drive!

2 comments:
Amber my new friend...you have made me cry!! Thank you for having such a great time with Sadie, Rufus and Toto.
I love all the pictures..with your children and all the places you went. My favorite is the sand picture. I am always writing something in the sand or snow and taking pictures!!!
I love the pups in the scale....I just love all of it!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!
Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham
THANK YOU, Cindy!! What a wonderful way to make friends around the country and to bless a very special friend of yours. It was so much fun=)
Post a Comment