6.12.2012

Confession Time

Lately I've been so connected that I have no connection...with my kids, that is. Some days I wonder how in the world I ever made it without a cell phone?! And if I ever forget it at home well, I might as well have left my right arm there too!
I can't say I have too many addictions...habits, yes but not addictions. I'm beginning to think this very phone that I'm on right now is an addiction. I can't count the times I've heard my kids say, "mom, when are you going to get off the phone?" or how many times I've said, "not now, I'm busy" or "just a minute"...30 minutes later.
I need to be spending more time with
my kids, doing things that matter, being a Godly example not only in the way that I act but how I use my time. So, if you don't get a text from me or see me on Facebook as often, you'll know that I'm reconnecting with some pretty fabulous kids:)

2 comments:

Christina said...

Love it Amber, you are such a good mommy to realize a habit becoming well, a little more than a habit. I can relate, at least with the FB/email thing and some texting on my phone. We still have dumb phones over here which is good for me, since I'm sure it would become an issue if I had internet access all the time. Anyway, here's to us being great mommies this summer and being super connected with our KIDS!

Kelsey said...

Such a good reminder! You are a great example to your kids and to your friends.