12.16.2013

Cookies and Cupcakes

Last month my friend Tina taught a cookie decorating class and this month it was cupcakes. I had a blast learning some new techniques for frosting and for decorating...need to step up my game a little now:) Maybe I'll become the baker in the family instead of Mike!



This was my first time working with fondant. I have to say that I wasn't a huge fan of fondant but I am now! It was so much fun to experiment and create with. Here are some of my creations.


 this is the makings of my reindeer but when he was all finished he reminded me more of Mr. Tumnus from Narnia!!!
 the snowman was my favorite!
 polar bear in the making
 finished polar bear
 See Mr. Tumnus above the polar bear?
 Notice the first container has the fondant work. It took me quite a bit of time to work on the five above so the rest all got piped! Can't believe Tina does entire cakes and millions of cupcakes for birthdays and weddings! Took me 3 hours to do 5 cupcakes!!

1 comment: