10.08.2009

Nice Outfit!

This is one battle I gave up on a long time ago. Ainsley's choice in fashion right now is very...interesting and always entertaining to say the least! I used to compromise with her and she would pick out the top or bottom of the outfit and I would pick out what was missing. Eventually she didn't like anything I would pick out so I leave it up to her now. And nothing completes and outfit like some pink cowboy boots...those are my favorite! I hear mixed patterns are very "in" this fall=)
At the risk of sounding snobby, I used to be pretty particular about how my kids looked when they left the house because I thought of it as a direct reflection of me. Over time I have learned that most other moms can tell that I didn't dress her and that she's at the age where she wants to be in control of those decisions. I'm glad Ainsley has both a sense of style and independence!

4 comments:

Rach Fairchild said...

I think it is a fabulous outfit! I think it is great she has such creativity! I used to argue forever in the mornign with the little girl I used to nanny as to why she couldn't wear her tutu everyday. I didn't care as long as she was dressed appropriately for the weather. I bet she would be mortified now if I reminded her...she's in high school now-well that mortifies me :) !

Unknown said...

I am going to dig out some pictures of the way mom and dad dressed you in the late 70's. that will be a riot. Then follow it up with some of your own choices. It's fun being the older brother.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Yes, I guess I made some pretty silly choices growing up too...we all went through that phase. I guess I just see it a little differently as a mom now.