I couldn't help but think how many times I've sat in this exact same room in the last 5 years!
Today was my first prenatal appointment and all is well. Because I was still nursing at the time of conception, my midwife wants to confirm an EDD so she is sending me for an ultrasound on June 11th. Because I am only halfway through week 8, we were unable to hear the heartbeat. She did try but all we could hear was me. That was kind of a bummer because it is always exciting hearing that for the first time. I'll just have to wait for the 11th. I had all my blood work done...six vials worth...the normal pregnancy panel and then the thyroid panel to make sure I'm on the correct dose of meds still. It was fun to see my midwife and her nurse again and know that I'll be more than well cared for during the next few months! Oh, and my midwife said I shouldn't have much of a problem fitting into my bridesmaids dress next month! That was encouraging=0)
And some of you have asked how I'm feeling this time around...worse than with the other 3! The other 3 were all very similar, little or no morning sickness usually resulting in not eating a little something before I got moving for the day. This time around I am sick whether or not my stomach is empty or full. And the time of day doesn't seem to matter. I feel the best when I'm laying down! Hopefully that goes away once I get into my second trimester. All in all, I can't complain because I have heard plenty of horror stories about morning sickness so what I have is nothing.
1 comment:
Congratulations! Another gift from God!
Post a Comment