Tonight we had dinner at Red Robin. We don't usually go to dinner on a weeknight, especially with the kids but because Mike needed to return his rental car (for his trip to Los Alamos), I thought it would be nice to go out. We chose Red Robin because it's pretty hoppin' and the kids would be entertained, not to mention the fries rock. So, we get greeted at the door, seated by our hostess and then waited on by a friendly girl whose name started with a K.
Anyway, Red Robin comes out and Ainsley is immediately caught up in the "big red birdy". She's yelling across the restaurant for him to come over and then when he does she kind of clams up. Then she gives him a high five and is loving the "big red birdy". Zechariah got a big kick out of Red too. I was hoping he didn't start crying and he didn't!
Red comes by again on his way to help sing for a birthday and again Ainsley's yelling across the restaurant for him to come over. During out entire dinner, Ainsley is telling us she wants a pink balloon as she rocks back and forth in her booster seat. She finished all her dinner and half (amazing!) of her Sprite. Zechariah had his first taste of lemon...boy was that funny! I'm sorry I have no pictures for this outing because they'd be hilarious. I guess I need to start carrying the camera around.
Ok, so Red comes by one more time, this time on Zechariah's side of the table and he's just laughing. Red starts "getting his nose" and Zechariah is hysterical. Ainsley is climbing on me to get to Red and then she shakes his hand and tells us she wants to take him home. I told her I didn't think Jack and Bailey would like that (especially Jack). Meanwhile, Zechariah is clawing at Red's yellow tights. I hold Ainsley up so she can give Red a hug and she goes limp. I guess you get her closer than a handshake and she mildly freaks out.
Finally we pay the bill and start to walk out...Ainsley yelling "bye big robin, I'm going home now" all the way to the door. She asks for a pink balloon and we head to the car. As we're pulling away we see a big banner (nowhere near the entrance we took to the parking lot) that says Wednesdays are Kid's Night. Kid's Night means face painting and balloons and FREE sundae (with purchase of a meal). Anyone who knows me (and you all should since you're reading this blog) knows how much I like free stuff and ice cream so what could be better than FREE ICE CREAM?! I know, it is really for Ainsley but she never manages to eat the whole thing which is probably why I can't lose these last five pounds. What this all amounts to is the fact that I can't believe that we walked into a Red Robin on Kid's Night with 2 kids and not one word...no, "Hi, welcome to Red Robin! Tonight is Kid's Night. We'll have face painting at 6 and balloon animals too. Don't forget your sundae after dinner." The hostess managed to get out all the special blueberry drinks and the new salad that they're featuring but not one word about Kid's Night. I just thought that was strange...
2 comments:
I hate it when that happens. We had a similar experience at Chuck E. Cheese's. They were suppossed to give Emilio a little special attention, visit from Chuckie and a free dessert, and we had to keep pestering them to do it all night. They FINALLY came through, but it took a lot of reminding. Darn them...trying to save a buck at our kids' expense.
OH NO!!!! Seriously I would have walked back up in that place and demanded my ice cream :) I LOVE ice cream!!!! You cannot deny my free ice cream :)
Post a Comment